- Cookshack's proprietary IQ5 electronic time and temperature controller is easy to use and gives you consistent results with every load. Its cook and rest feature is standard on all commercial FEC models. When the smoke-cook cycle has finished, the controller drops automatically to the rest temperature.
- The FEC100's optional meat probe allows users to specify a smoke-cook temperature. When the temperature is reached, the smoker automatically drops into a rest cycle.
- Electronically-controlled temperature eliminates large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat. Patented automatic wood pellet system is operated by the IQ5 controller. It knows when the smoker needs more fuel; you can go away and leave it to do its job without your attention.
- Easy, flip-of-the switch starting brings the FEC rapidly up to smoking temperature. Burners stay on when doors are opened; heat recovery occurs in as little as 10 minutes. Some other smokers take up to an hour to bring the temperature back up. This affects the quality of the meat and lengthens the cooking cycle.
- Flip a switch to auto-start; no tending a fire, cooks overnight with no attention needed.
- Consistent flavor results! With the FEC's precisely regulated patented wood delivery system there is no chance of having too much or too little smoke and changing the flavor of the meat.
- Because the FEC100 is 100% wood burning, for both its heat source and flavor source, results are consistent. In gas units and stick burners, the wood logs get smaller as they burn, and as new product is added, wood must be added as well. Since product is cooking while new wood is added, flavor is affected.
- Racks are removable and can be power washed for quick clean up. The shelves are easy to remove for cleaning.
- No professional set up required, just roll it in place and get started!
- The FEC100's rugged stainless steel interior and exterior is a stronger, higher grade of steel than the black carbon steel used in many other brands of smokers.
- This tough smoker is built on a tubular steel perimeter which will not warp or bend, even if the smoker is moved by a fork lift. This is one sturdy piece of equipment! Some other brands make a cheaper smoker, but no one makes a stronger one.
- We use 850°F Spin-Glas™ insulation, for superior heat retention and fuel savings, between the double layers of the FEC100's body. Your energy costs stay down because the smoker is not constantly re-heating due to heat loss. The smoker is dependable in all climate conditions.
- All seams are sealed so that no moisture can leak into the insulation, no fire danger (Unlike some other brands, we do not use mineral wool insulation because it deteriorates over time and it can absorb moisture if seams are merely riveted and not sealed. Grease-soaked insulation can be a fire hazard.)
Cooking Capacity: 100 lbs. pork butts, 80 lbs. brisket, 60 lbs. ribs, or 24 chickens per load
Cooking Surface: 4- 23" x 17" Nickel-Plated Steel Shelves - spaced 6.5" apart (can add 3 more shelves)
Cooking Area: 1,564 square inches or 11 sq. ft
Temperature Settings: 130°- 400°F
Shipping Weight: 415 lbs.
Included Equipment: Operator's Manual, 40 lbs. of Pellets, Casters, and a 5 pack Spice Kit
Fuel Usage:0.75 lbs. of pellets per hour at 250° F
Construction and Insulation: Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas® Insulation