Cookshack's proprietary IQ5 electronic time and temperature controller is easy to use and gives you consistent results with every load. 3-stage cycles of smoke, cook, and rest feature are standard on all commercial FEC models. When the smoke or cook cycle has finished, the controller drops automatically to the resting temperature of the product.
The FEC120's optional meat probe allows the user to specify a smoke or cook temperature. When the smoker reaches the desired temperature, the smoker automatically drops into a rest cycle.
Electronically-controlled temperature settings eliminate large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat. The Cookshack patented automatic wood pellet-fed system is operated by the IQ5 controller. The system knows when the smoker needs more fuel; you can go away and leave it to do its job without your attention.
Ventilation is required for the proper operation of Cookshack commercial smokers. When planning your flue consider these factors:
- It must draw air naturally throughout the flue,
- Clean the flue every six months,
- One-inch clearance from combustible materials,
- The flue should not have more than two ninety-degree elbows in it and be longer than thirty feet.
For detailed informationcontact Cookshack Technical Support.
- Adequate makeup air is required for safe operation. It is the responsibility of the smoker owner to maintain essential combustion air at all times during operation of the unit.
- Easy, flip-of-the switch starting brings the FEC rapidly up to smoking temperature. Burners stay on when doors are opened; heat recovery occurs in as little as 10 minutes. While our competitor’s smokers take up to an hour to bring the temperature back up when the doors are opened. This affects the quality of the meat and lengthens the cooking cycle.
- Consistent flavor results! With the FEC's precisely regulated patented wood delivery system there is no chance of the smoker operator having the incorrect amount of wood changing the flavor of the meat.
- Because the FEC120 is 100% wood burning, for both its heat source and flavor source, results are consistent. In gas units or stick burners, the wood logs get smaller as they burn, and as new product is added into the smoker, wood must be added as well. Since product is cooking while new wood is added, the flavor is affected.
- Racks are removable and can be power washed for quick clean up. The shelves are easy to remove for cleaning.
- No professional set up required — just roll it in place and get started!
- The FEC120's rugged stainless steel interior and exterior is a stronger, higher grade of steel than the black carbon steel used in many other brands of smokers.
- This tough smoker is built on a steel perimeter which will not warp or bend, even if the smoker is moved by a fork lift. This is one sturdy piece of equipment! Some other brands make a cheaper smoker, but no one makes a stronger one.
- We use 850°F Spin-Glas® insulation, for superior heat retention and fuel savings, between the double layers of the FEC120's body. Your energy costs stay down because the smoker is not constantly re-heating due to heat loss. The smoker is dependable in all climate conditions.
- All seams are sealed so that no moisture can leak into the insulation — no fire danger (Unlike some other brands, we do not use mineral wool insulation because it deteriorates over time and it can absorb moisture if seams are merely riveted and not sealed. Grease-soaked insulation can be a fire hazard.)
Cooking Capacity: 150 lbs. pork butts, 120 lbs. brisket, 90 lbs. ribs, or 30 chickens per load
Cooking Surface: 5 - 23" x 17" Nickel-Plated Steel Shelves, spaced 4.75" apart
Cooking Area: 1,955 square inches; 13.5 sq ft
Temperature Settings: 160°-400° F (temperature range will vary based on the load in the unit)
Shipping Weight: 515 lbs.
Included Equipment: 5 grills, side racks, drip pan, pre-installed casters, operator’s manual, cookbook, 40 lbs. pellets and Cookshack Spice Kit
Fuel Usage: 1 lb. of pellets per hour at 250°F For more information on fuel costs check out our blog post.
Construction and Insulation: Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas® Insulation
NSF and USDA Approved, and Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed Commercial Cooking Equipment (USA and Canada)