The FEC300 is NSF Approved, USDA Approved, UL Listed as Commercial Cooking Equipment (USA & Canada).
- Fast start up, continuous even heat, and precise temperature control give you consistently delicious barbecue.
- Cookshack's proprietary IQ5 electronic time and temperature controller is easy to use and gives you consistent results with every load. The IQ5 controller features smoke, cook, and rest cycles for 3-stage or 2-stage cooking. This allows you to get a deeper smoker flavor!
- Set the rest cycle and when the smoke and cook cycles have completed, the controller automatically drops to the resting temperature.
- You will get higher yields! The electronically-controlled temperature eliminates large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat.
- Our patented automatic wood pellet fed system is operated by the IQ5 controller. It knows when the smoker needs more fuel; you can go away and leave it to do its job without your attention.
- Easy flip-of-the switch starting brings the FEC300 rapidly up to smoking temperature.
- Burners stay on when the smoker doors are opened, so you have fast heat recovery. Other smokers take up to an hour to bring the temperature back up which affects the quality of the meat and lengthens the cooking cycle.
- Ventilation is required for the proper operation of Cookshack commercial smokers. When planning your flue consider these factors:
- It must draw air naturally throughout the flue,
- Clean the flue every six months,
- One inch clearance from combustible materials,
- The flue should not have more than two ninety-degree elbows in it and be longer than thirty feet.
- For detailed information read our blog post or contact Cookshack Technical Support.
- Adequate makeup air is required for safe operation. It is the responsibility of the smoker owner to maintain essential combustion air at all times during operation of the unit.
- Placing food on rotating rotisserie racks results in more even cooking which means consistent results. No surprises for you or your customers!
- For easy loading of product, rotisserie racks are rotated manually with the FEC's rugged cast metal 1HP Linemaster Hercules Heavy Duty Foot Switch.
- Consistent flavor results! With the FEC300's precisely regulated patented wood delivery system, there is no chance of an operator adding more wood and changing the flavor of the meat.
- Because the FEC300 is 100% wood burning for both its heat source and flavor source, results are consistent. In gas units and stick burners, the wood logs get smaller as they burn, and as new product is added, wood must be added as well. Since the product is cooking while new wood is added, the flavor is affected.
- Racks are removable and can be power washed for quick clean up.
- Uses a convection fan for even cooking with less shrinkage.
- Self-closing doors keep your hands free to handle meat.
- The shelves are easy to remove for cleaning.
- No professional set up required — just roll it in place and get started!
- Add 600 lbs. capacity by placing two of the FEC300s side by side with left and right facing doors.
- Need mobility? Consider mounting this unit on a Cookshack trailer.
- The FEC300's rugged stainless steel interior and exterior is a stronger, higher grade of steel than the black carbon steel used in many other brands of smokers.
- This heavy-duty smoker is built on a tubular steel perimeter which will not warp or bend, even if the smoker is moved by a fork lift. This is one sturdy piece of equipment! Some other brands make a cheaper smoker, but no one makes a stronger one.
- We use 850°F Spin-Glas® insulation, for superior heat retention and fuel savings, between the double layers of the FEC300's body. Your energy costs stay down because the smoker is not constantly re-heating due to heat loss. The smoker is dependable in all climate conditions.
- All seams are sealed so that no moisture can leak into the insulation — no fire danger. (Unlike some other brands, we do not use mineral wool insulation because it deteriorates over time and it can absorb moisture if seams are merely riveted and not sealed. Grease-soaked insulation can be a fire hazard.)
Cooking Capacity: 350 lbs. pork butts, 300 lbs. brisket, 100 lbs. ribs, or 45 chickens per load
Cooking Surface: (15) 11.5" x 30" Nickel-Plated Steel Rotisserie Racks
Cooking Area: 5,400 square inches
Temperature Settings: 130°-400° F (temperature range may vary based on load in unit)
Shipping Weight: 1,475 lbs.
Included Equipment: 15 rotisserie racks, pre-installed casters, operator’s manual, 80 lbs. pellets, foot pedal and Cookshack Spice Kit
Fuel Usage: 1.5 lbs. of pellets per hour at 250° F. For more information about fuel usage read our blog post.
Construction and Insulation: Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas® Insulation
NSF and USDA Approved; UL Listed in the USA and Canada as Commercial Cooking Equipment