The FEC500 is NSF Approved, USDA Approved, Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed in the USA and Canada as Commercial Cooking Equipment.
- FEC500 uses no gas, so no gas lines are needed! It is ready to plug in and get smoking! No professional set up required, just roll it in place and get started! There is no gas flavor aftertaste to overcome.
- Fast start up, continuous even heat, and precise temperature control give you consistently delicious barbecue.
- Cookshack's proprietary IQ5 electronic time and temperature controller is easy to use and gives you consistent results with every load. It features smoke, cook, and rest cycles for 3-stage or 2-stage cooking.
- Save money with higher yields! Electronically-controlled temperatures in the FEC500 eliminates large heat fluctuations that dry and shrink meat.
- The patented automatic wood pellet system is operated by the IQ5 controller. It knows when the smoker needs more fuel so you can leave it to do its job without your attention.
- Easy flip-of-the switch starting brings the FEC500 rapidly up to smoking temperature.
- Burners stay on when doors are opened; heat recovery occurs in as little as 15 minutes. Other smokers take up to an hour to bring the temperature back up which affects the quality of the meat and lengthens the cooking cycle.
- Ventilation is required for the proper operation of Cookshack commercial smokers.
When planning your flue consider these factors:
- It must draw air naturally throughout the flue,
- Clean the flue every six months,
- One inch clearance from combustible materials,
- The flue should not have more than two ninety-degree elbows in it and be longer than thirty feet.
- For detailed information read our blog post or contact Cookshack Technical Support.
- Adequate makeup air is required for safe operation. It is the responsibility of the smoker owner to maintain essential combustion air at all times during operation of the unit.
- Placing food on rotating rotisserie racks results in more even cooking which means consistent results. No surprises for you or your customers!
- For easy loading of product, rotisserie racks are rotated manually with the FEC500's rugged cast metal 1HP Linemaster Hercules Heavy Duty Foot Switch.
- Consistent flavor results! Because the FEC500 is 100% wood burning for both its heat source and flavor source, results are consistent. With both gas fired smokers and stick burners, the wood logs get smaller as they burn, and as new product is added, wood must be added as well. Since product is cooking while new wood is added, the flavor is affected making your products flavor profile almost impossible to duplicate.
- Racks are removable and can be power washed for quick clean up.
- Uses a convection fan for even cooking with less shrinkage.
- Self-closing doors keep your hands free to handle meat.
- The shelves are easy to remove for cleaning.
- The FEC500's rugged stainless steel interior and exterior is a stronger, higher grade of steel than the black carbon steel used in many other brands of smokers.
- This tough smoker is built on a tubular steel perimeter which will not warp or bend, even if the smoker is moved by a fork lift. This is one sturdy piece of equipment! Some other brands make a cheaper smoker, but no one makes a stronger one.
- We use 850° F Spin-Glas® insulation, for superior heat retention and fuel savings, between the double layers of the FEC500's body. Your energy costs stay down because the smoker is not constantly re-heating due to heat loss. The smoker is dependable in all climate conditions.
- All seams are sealed so that no moisture can leak into the insulation — no fire danger. (Unlike some other brands, we do not use mineral wool insulation because it deteriorates over time and it can absorb moisture if seams are merely riveted and not sealed. Grease-soaked insulation can be a fire hazard.)
- Double stainless steel doors give you access to the entire length of the rotisserie shelves.
Cooking Capacity: 500 lbs. pork butts, 450 lbs. brisket, 150 lbs. ribs, or 70 whole chickens per load
Cooking Surface: (15) 11.5" x 42" Nickel-Plated Steel Rotisserie Racks
Cooking Area: 7,350 square inches
Temperature Settings: 130°-400°F (temperature range may vary depending on load)
Shipping Weight: 2,075 lbs.
Included Equipment: 15 rotisserie racks, pre-installed casters, operator’s manual, 80 lbs. pellets, foot pedal and Cookshack Spice Kit
Fuel Usage: 2 lbs. of pellets per hour at 250°
Construction and Insulation: Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas® Insulation
NSF and USDA Approved, and Warnock Hersey and ETL Listed Commercial Cooking Equipment (USA and Canada)